HOW TO TAKE THE STAIRS WHEN YOU HAVE PELVIC (GIRDLE) PAIN
Without thinking, we go up and down the stairs quite a lot during the day. This is often painful if you have pelvic (girdle) pain. Therefor it is important to take the stairs only if necesary. So think carefully if you really have to go up or down.
To prevent falling down the stairs don’t:
– Carry anything while taking the stairs
– Forget to hold the rail
UP THE STAIRS
1. Put your strongest (least painful) leg on the next step.
2. Push up with your strong leg.
3. Step up with other leg. Continue in the same way. So in this way you take the stairs step by step.
DOWN THE STAIRS
- Put your painful leg on the step below. In that way you lower on your strong leg.
- Put the other leg next to it.
If this is too painful, you can also try to get down backwards.